Case Study – Vertical: Agro-tech
Eden Grow Systems - Sustainable agriculture
Jeff Raymond, Chief Operations and Technology Officer at Eden Grow Systems is “working on a self sustainable agriculture system that will provide food and energy to local communities”. His research is documented in a very popular youtube channel named TheRealMartian inspired by Ridley Scott’s famous movie “The Martian” featuring Matt Damon as an astronaut that is trying to survive on the red planet by building a self-sustaining farm.
Jeff wanted to create a 3D printed grow wall that would allow him, as well as anyone who wants to grow plants in their home, to do so. He was looking for a way to create a sustainable and efficient way for this, and saw Modix BIG 120X printers as a potential solution.
The Solution and Outcome:
Jeff worked with Modix BIG 120X printer to create a grow wall design that met his needs. The design included a number of features that made it ideal for growing plants, such as:
- A modular design that allowed the grow wall to be easily expanded or customized.
- A water reservoir that ensured that the plants would have a consistent supply of water.
- A drainage system that prevented the plants from becoming waterlogged.
- A lighting system that provided the plants with the necessary light.
The Modix 3D printed grow wall was a success and efficient for growing a variety of plants. The grow wall is also easy to maintain, and allows saving money on gardening expenses.
Benefits of Modix BIG 120X printer for Grow Walls:
- Modix BIG 120X printer allows a high degree of customization, so the grow wall can be designed to fit the specific needs of the user.
- Modix BIG 120X printers can create complex structures that would be difficult or impossible to create using traditional manufacturing methods.
- Modix BIG 120 V3 printers allow a relatively fast and inexpensive process, so grow walls can be produced at a lower cost than traditional methods.
Modix BIG 120 V3 printers offer a promising technology for the creation of grow walls. It offers a number of advantages over traditional methods, such as customization, complexity, and cost.